In March 2017 we were appointed by Sharps Brewery to help agree a partnership between the British & Irish Lions and the UK’s number one cask ale, Doom Bar, ahead of the 2017 New Zealand Tour. We were then tasked with shaping the campaign from start to finish including creative concepts, POS artwork, on trade plans, content creation, PR, social media, experiential and ambassador relations.
We first looked at the shared values around the essence of what goes into brewing the perfect pint and what goes into protecting the honour of the Lions badge – determination, pride of heritage, commitment, camaraderie, integrity – helping us land on:
To The Last Drop.
With this as our creative hook we went on to craft key visuals that demonstrated the passion with which we wanted this campaign to deliver. Using these key visuals and the essence of our creative route, we are now going live across the different elements of the campaign:
- Creating Lion’s Dens in pubs around the UK by distributing branded bar tools to celebrate the two test matches.
- A content series following a team of ‘Doombar Lions’ who will take on a team of All Black fans in a live rugby game in Cornwall on the weekend of the second test. The episodes from this series will be used to drive fans to the Lion’s Dens around the UK using a paid media plan
- Always on social using content created throughout the campaign from the content series, the Lions players and our ambassador Phil Vickery
- PR plan for National, Trade and Regional press
- Hospitality plan for Sharps Brewery and Molson Coors so that they make the most of the assets available in the agreement
- Website and brand integration